Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Challenge--We did it!!

We did it! We didn't eat out during the month of February. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. We made several meals that had enough for leftovers, usually enough for a couple of lunches and an extra dinner. We also made a calendar of what we would eat each week which helped us to stay focused and to plan ahead.

We were UNDER budget by $82.00!! This is pretty big for us! Sadly, we are usually way over budget. In the last twelve months, we were under budget ONE time (and by $1.88 at that)! We have been OVER budget anywhere from $35.00 to $170.00!! That is crazy. We never really cared too much because we 'had the money'...that money was just designated for paying down debt and not for paying for food!

We are planning to eat out again in March...I need those rolls and cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse! I think our goal in March is to be able to eat out without going over budget. We also have our vacation planned for March and I know we will be eating out then. Our vacation times don't count because that money comes from our vacation fund, not our food budget. Stay tuned...

Ahhhhh...saving money is fun! Paying down debt is even better! Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment